A new season opens the door for new temperatures, weather patterns, and other changes that can wreak havoc on your HVAC system. Nobody wants to spend summer nights without AC or a freezy winter night without heating! So, as a savvy homeowner, it’s normal if you want to invest in your system to protect it.
Working with HVAC contractors is a great way to ensure your system stays in shape. In this blog post, we’ll help you understand what you need to do to prepare your HVAC system for seasonal changes. Keep reading!
5 Ways To Prepare Your HVAC
Before searching for HVAC companies in Plano, TX, learn about what needs to be done:
1) Duct & Vent Cleaning: Dirty ducts can cause your HVAC system to work harder, resulting in higher electricity bills and potential maintenance issues down the line. Have your ducts and vents checked at least once a year by an experienced contractor.
2) Change The Filter: Replacing your air filter every month is vital to keeping your HVAC system running smoothly. Forget about dust, dirt, and other allergens circulating through your home’s air.
3) Seal Doors & Windows: Poor insulation and air leaks can cause your HVAC system to work harder than it should. Make sure doors and windows are sealed properly before the start of each season.
4) Switch To A Programmable Thermostat: These keep the temperature in your home consistent, so you don’t have to adjust it constantly. Programmable thermostats are also much more energy-efficient than traditional ones.
5) Protect The AC: During winter, it’s essential to ensure your outdoor AC unit is covered. This will help protect the system from snow, ice, and other elements that could damage the unit or reduce its efficiency.
Robert & Sons A/C & Heating LLC Will Guide You Better Than Anyone Else in Plano, TX
If you want to excel as a homeowner to keep your family comfortable, you need to work with HVAC contractors. The truth is that going DIY can bring many issues, including safety risks, which can make you feel helpless.
At Robert & Sons A/C & Heating, LLC, we understand how you want to protect your family and keep them comfortable. Nobody deserves to be wandering in the dark about HVAC. That’s why we’ve been helping homeowners for over a decade with HVAC maintenance services. Our HVAC contractors will assist you with anything you need!